Are you interested in foraging in Sweden? Looking for a mushroom picking course?
You’ve come to the right place!
Join a guided mushroom hike in the Southern Swedish forests of Skåne! We pick mushrooms together, and you get help with identifying tasty, edible mushrooms that we may find together!
This short mushroom course is suitable for beginners or for those who know one or two edible mushrooms and are keen on learning more! Your guide will pick a great spot for mushroom hunting, depending on the mushroom availability at the time. You will be informed about where to meet some days in advance. The spot will be somewhere in Skåne, at a maximum distance of a one hour drive starting from Lund, but probably around 30 min from Lund. You will need access to a car to get there. Your booking is confirmed when you receive a booking confirmation through email. The price of the hike is 595 SEK per person.
The following dates are currently available for booking:
10th of September, 1 pm – around 4 pm (Swedish)
8th of October, 1 pm – around 4 pm (English) FULL
Register for a hike by sending a message to SvampTur here!
Please include your name, email, phone number and (if applicable) which hike you’ld like to join in the message. Since spots for each hike is limited, your booking is confirmed when you receive a confirmation message. At the time you receive a confirmation email, your registration is binding. You can of course register your interest without any obligation as well, if you’ld like updates on upcoming events and dates for mushroom hikes!
A mushroom hike can look like this:
- About 1 hour: Presentation basic mushroom knowledge and of different kinds of edible mushrooms and poisonous mushrooms that we find on our hike together
- About 1 hour: Time for mushroom picking on your own in the area
- About 20 min: Time for questions on mushrooms and “fika” (= coffee break) for those who want to (bring the fika you prefer)
- About 20 min: Presentation of the different mushrooms that we found and repetition of mushroom characters
- About 20 min: Your guide will go through your basket, so you don’t have to worry about bringing home something that is not edible. Also time for additional questions.
The price of the mushroom hike is 625 SEK/ person.
N.B. that the mushroom season is short, and spots for the mushroom hikes may fill up quickly! If you have special requests, such as a private mushroom tour or a full day of mushrooming in the forest, please see Book a mushroom guide.